Posted October 13th 2017
Launched in 2010 in Toronto, Format.com has quietly become the leading online portfolio builder for professional visual artists around the world to exhibit, market and sell their work. With 35+ team members, tens of thousands of customers in over 190 countries, and voted the #1 online portfolio by photographers, designers and artists, we’ve come a long way, but have really only just begun. And did we mention we are 100% bootstrapped?
With a strong and passionate customer base and a massive referral network we are now looking for a strong and passionate VP Marketing to help lead and scale our marketing team and results to the next level.
As the VP Marketing, you will report directly to the CEO and will be a core member of our senior leadership team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
As our VP Marketing you will develop the strategies and plans to:
- Grow New Revenue: you will lead the growth of new customer acquisition and MRR through the development of repeatable and scalable marketing plans and programs
- Build our Brand: you will help to establish and secure Format.com as the leading online portfolio brand for professional visual artists and as one of Canada’s top places to work
- Build a Winning Team and Culture: you will continually build out and support the ongoing development of a high performing and super-engaged marketing team that hits its goals and loves working together
- Add Leadership to our Leadership: you will play a key role on our senior leadership team both strategically, operationally and organizationally as we continue to scale our growth
- Drive Data-Based Decisions: you will collaborate with the data team to ensure marketing has the data and the reporting tools it needs to make smart, informed, data-based decisions
What we would like to see in our ideal candidate:
- Proven experience building, scaling and leading high performing, highly engaged and collaborative marketing teams through periods of rapid growth
- The ability to contribute strategically and operationally as a member of a senior leadership team
- Deep experience leading marketing for direct-to-purchase, recurring revenue SaaS software, ideally in the direct-to-consumer or direct-to-SMB space
- The ability to expertly guide and orchestrate SEO/SEM, direct, content and brand marketing
- Mastery of the data, analytics and funnel metrics/KPIs associated with a SaaS software model
- Proven track record of building repeatable and scaleable new customer acquisition programs that meet or exceed volume and $CPA targets
- Deep understanding and appreciation of the interplay of marketing, product and customer service in the design of a successful SaaS model
- The ability to switch back and forth between strategy and execution seamlessly to prioritize and drive projects over the finish line
Why join Format?
- Some of the benefits of working here include:
- We are one of the fastest growing Canadian companies. Listed in the Canadian Business Profit 500 list.
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io/features/format
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability.
- We frequently celebrate our achievements after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny).
- We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else!
- In-office perks: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear (take a peek here), curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need.
How to apply for this position:
If this sounds like you then get in touch! You’ll love working here, we promise.
This is a full-time position based in Toronto, ON.
To apply, please click the link below to start the application process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.
Format is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Format makes it easy to build a professional portfolio website—without learning to code—in minutes. Used by tens of thousands of photographers, designers, artists and illustrators in over 190 countries, Format allows people to beautifully showcase their work online, attract clients and grow their careers. Founded in 2010 by CEO Lukas Dryja and CPO Tyler Rooney, Format is proudly self-funded. Each of the company's offerings is formed around three guiding principles: make it simple, make it flexible, make it beautiful.