Posted October 29th 2017
1. Company Operating Name: Vicimus Inc. Vicimus is a software development company. We’re working hard to become a global leader in a variety of Automotive Software Solutions and are looking to expand our technology team.
2. Business Address: 355 Adelaide St. W Suite 200; Toronto, ON M5V 1S2
3. Title of Position: UI/UX Designer
4. Job Duties:
• Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
• Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
• Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products
• Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas
5. Terms of employment: Full time, permanent position
6. Language of work: English
7. Salary: $65-75,000 – depending on experience
8. Benefits: eligible after 3 months of continuous employment: life, accident and long term disability insurance, health, dental and vision care
9. Location of work: 355 Adelaide St. W Suite 200; Toronto, ON M5V 1S2
10. Contact information: Stephanie Sykes, Human Resources Consultant, email@example.com
11. Skills Requirements
• Minimum 3 years’ work experience in design and communications with a recent focus on UI/UX design
• BA or BSc in Communications, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design
• Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
• Experience in using UI/UX design best practices in order to design solutions
• Excellent visual design skills demonstrating sensitivity to user-system interaction
• Strong grasp of web and mobile user centred design and testing methodologies, subsystems and usability and accessibility concerns
• Clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design
• Strong presentation skills
• Good team collaboration skills
• Open and flexible; able to shift priorities quickly
• Open to feedback and constructive performance criticism
• Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Up-to-date knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
12. How to apply:
If you want a new challenge in a dynamic environment and have the skills and knowledge, please send your current resume and a cover letter in confidence to:
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, Vicimus will not consider your job application.
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Vicimus Inc is a software development company. We're working hard to become a global leader in a variety of Automotive Software Solutions and are looking to expand our technology team.