Posted March 31st 2017
The amazing feeling you get when you work with a great API is something we think about everyday as we design the next generation of how to integrate and enable 3rd party developers on the EventMobi platform. We're looking for a Software Developer to work on building out our new version of APIs with a strong desire to enable other developers use of EventMobi and to be a multiplier for our business by enabling growth through integrations & partnerships. Design, performance, insights & control are our focus areas for a well oiled API.
This is a challenging role in designing a new set of APIs that is not only well designed but also performant and incorporates a deep understanding of API lifecycle management. You should be very comfortable with how the web works and what a good API looks like. You should also enjoy working in a collaborative and autonomous environment to have the ability to determine the right tools to design, build & manage an API at scale. You will further be responsible for performance auditing, enabling growth of our APIs and helping scale our backend platforms to meet our API usage demands.
Your Work Will Focus On
- Architecture & Scale - You will lead the architecture on your team, gathering insights, employing DDD to determine the best tech to address our customers needs.
- Ownership - You own the products / features you ship. From initial design, to deployment, test automation to performance monitoring, you own what you build end-to-end
- Development - Best practices, craftsmanship, well thought out code and mentorship to your team is your ideal and you preach this in your work and with your team.
- Quality - Pair programming, lunch & learns, mentorship, you will teach and help grow the team around you in not only pushing new features but also keeping the utmost quality in everything we build.
- Research - You will help guide the tech stack across our multitude of products, how they fit in to our architecture, and their growth & maintenance plans amongst our growing product set.
What Will You Get From EventMobi?
- We offer an experience of a life-time working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help
- A great office at Bloor and Church with beautiful views of downtown and steps away from Yorkville
- Competitive salary, subsidized health care plans with dental, vision, drug coverage
- Team building events and trips
- A wellness account providing reimbursement on transit passes, fitness equipment, house cleaning and dry cleaning
- Full kitchen stocked with coffee and snacks to keep you nourished
- A subsidized lunch program with great food from local vendors
- Quarterly team events
- EventMobi sports teams - right now dodgeball, soccer and softball are our thing
- Foosball, ping pong, massage chair for your down time
- Discounted Goodlife membership
- A great culture with much more along the way!
Who/What is EventMobi?
Watch this fun, 3min video here: http://www.eventmobi.com/careers/#video
Also here is an awesome video that shows you what brought a smile to EventMobi's team in 2016: https://youtu.be/jm8j15wpEu4
We're focused on building the most robust & well designed event management platform to help planners run better & more successful events. We believe that live events bring people together to enable change, and we can have a huge impact on enabling success for events & and their attendees. We've already changed how 10,000+ events in 70+ countries use technology at their events, and we're looking forward to influencing hundreds of thousands of future events.
EventMobi welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and from minorities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.