Posted July 17th 2017
You?ll take the reigns of our social media accounts with a single goal: get Canadians excited and talking about our website. This role requires a passion for personal finance and an ability to convey the importance of how our products help Canadians to make smarter financial decisions.
You?ll be working alongside our content team, which include editors and writers producing work that is regularly mentioned in the media ? from blog posts telling the story of a couple buying their first home, to in-depth reports that reveal just how little Canadians understand about financial products.
The most important part of this role is having an engaging online voice. Our company wants to reach out to Canadians and help them get smarter with their money ? you will be responsible for regularly engaging our users on social media, as well as promoting our content in an accessible way. That means you understand how to use tools such as Facebook advertising to increase visibility, as well as how to track metrics using social listening tools.
This role requires a strong writing ability, as in addition to social media, you?ll be writing posts for our personal finance blog, MoneyMinded, which has seen readership grow by more than 500% in the past year. You?ll contribute weekly, whether it?s writing a post about your spending habits or updating our readers on news in the finance world.
The Social Media Manager will report to our Managing Editor.
- Use an engaging voice to grow followers and brand mentions on our social media platforms.
- Use analytical and listening tools to track performance.
- Create social media campaigns that get Canadians excited and talking about our website and content.
- Regularly update the team on how social media is performing. You?ll produce a monthly report updating the team on what has been performing well, and where we can improve. You?ll also check in weekly to keep the team updated about social media metrics.
- Write weekly blog posts about personal finance ? whether it?s telling our audience about your monthly budget, or rounding up the most interesting personal finance news.
- Moderate comments on our blog posts through Facebook?s commenting platform.
- Someone with a track record of building a brand?s presence and reach on social media.
- Someone with a passion for personal finance. We?re a small team that has been seen phenomenal growth in the past two years and we?re looking for high-energy people to take us to the next level.
- Someone with strong writing skills and an engaging style.
- Two or more years in professional social media roles. Experience at a financial institution is a plus.
- Someone with a demonstrated ability to use social media in an engaging way that gets people talking and interacting.
- Experience with Facebook advertising is a strong asset.
- Someone who is a self-starter and can work both independently and with a team.
- Health and dental benefits.
- An office fridge and pantry regularly stocked with healthy foods.
- Our team gets a full paid week off in December, in addition to each employee?s vacation time.
- Retreats and trips for brainstorming and bonding.
- Monthly socials: Grab a beer or join us for some board games. Every month we break early to enjoy some social time.
LowestRates.ca is passionate about personal finance. Our team shares a simple belief: Canadians deserve to have choice when it comes to their financial services. We offer them that choice.
LowestRates.ca is a Toronto-based financial technology company that was founded in 2012, and is part of the MaRs FinTech cluster. Last year, LowestRates.ca was ranked 4th on PROFIT Magazine?s Startup 50 list. We?re growing quickly and we?re excited to expand our mission to empower Canadians in making smart financial decisions.