Posted August 23rd 2017
Sendwithus is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to join our growing engineering team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building distributed systems and highly available web applications. As a Senior Platform Engineer you will be architecting scalable software systems, optimizing performance, and designing creative solutions for challenging technical problems. This position offers a lot of room for professional growth and independence as our system scales and our team expands.
The Sendwithus platform is responsible for over 30 million emails each day and handles thousands of requests per second. Our Platform Engineering Team ensures that our system runs smoothly, reliably, and securely. Above all else, we are customer focused; we care about how are code impacts customers.
In Your First 3 Months, You Will...
- Complete your first project and deploy those changes to production systems
- Get ramped up on our tech stack and architecture while working closely with other senior members of the Platform team
- Begin to monitor, troubleshoot, and improve system services
- Be responsible for your first on-call rotation and technical triage
- Actively contribute to platform roadmap and planning discussions
- Identify performance bottlenecks, propose solutions, and lead implementation
- Raise the bar for our engineering team by defining and iterating on engineering best practices
In Your First 12 Months, You Will...
- Work with engineering leads to define engineering best practices
- Take complete ownership of a primary backend system; big-data storage layer, email delivery pipeline, API service, etc.
- Deliver high throughput production services, ensuring high-availability
- Lead the creation and implementation of large technical projects from start to finish
- Make high level system architecture and software design decisions
- Mentor new members of the engineering team
- Go, Python
- PostgreSQL, CassandraDB, Redshift, Redis, Memcache
- AWS and Heroku infrastructure
- Microservice Architecture, Docker, Kubernetes, GRPC
Sendwithus powers email communication for large online businesses. Our system handles thousands of users and more than 30 Million emails every day, ranging from real-time notifications and invoices to personalized marketing campaigns and product updates. Our customers include Microsoft, Zillow, DonorsChoose, and MeUndies - in fact, we're already one of the top 300 email senders in the world. We were part of Y Combinator's W14 batch, have offices in both Victoria and San Francisco, and are backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.