Posted August 23rd 2017
Sendwithus is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Product Team. As a member, and technical leader of our Product team you will work in conjunction with the Customer Success team to ensure that customer experience is front and centre for all future features. You will work closely with the Platform Team to ensure the feature roadmaps of both teams are synced and features are executed on. At the end of the day, you care about how your code is affecting our customers and ensure that the customer experience is front of mind at all times.
We believe that user-centric design ultimately leads to the best products, so we listen closely to our customers. As the Senior Full Stack Engineer on our close-knit, cross-functional team, you are responsible for the architecture design decisions for the Product team.
In Your First 3 Months, You Will...
- Work closely with other Senior members of the engineering team to become an expert in our feature set, learn current production processes and make suggestions for improvements as you see them.
- Complete your first project and deploy those changes to production systems.
- Work with the Product Manager and Customer Success team to identify performance bottlenecks, propose solutions and lead implementations.
- Begin to lead Product planning sessions, specifically around architecture design and implementation.
- Design and build traffic, performance and user action monitoring systems to collect data for future feature implementation.
In Your First 12 Months, You Will...
- Lead technical design and implementation for the Product team.
- Be responsible for making high level software architecture and system design decisions for the Product Team.
- Bring focus to the DETAILS when it comes to UI performance and design.
- Constantly experiment with creative solutions and new technologies to create exceptional customer experiences.
- Ensure that customer feedback is taken into consideration during any/all feature planning.
- Create and maintain an on-boarding process for new engineers joining the Product team, specific to ramp up times, mentoring, and projects.
- KnockoutJS, React, Django, Node
- PostgreSQL, Memcache
- AWS and Heroku infrastructure
Sendwithus powers email communication for large online businesses. Our system handles thousands of users and more than 15 Million emails every day, ranging from real-time notifications and invoices to personalized marketing campaigns and product updates. Our customers include Microsoft, Zillow, DonorsChoose, and Teespring - in fact, we're already one of the top 300 email senders in the world. We were part of Y Combinator's W14 batch, have offices in both Victoria and San Francisco, and have raised more than $7.5 Million from some of the top tech investors in the world.