Posted March 8th 2017
The Senior Embedded Software Developer will be responsible for the integration of AIRY3D’s computer vision platform, particularly our computational imaging algorithms, into end-products and their related embedded systems architecture. He/She has been accountable for bringing products to market in previous roles and is a naturally curious team player who has tenacious commitment to continuous improvement and relentless drive to win.
You will be responsible for bringing products to market by porting and developing real-time optimized computational photography and image processing algorithms on cutting-edge mobile platforms.
- Ensuring end products using AIRY3D technology are go-to-market ready
- Porting algorithms from C++ and OpenCV to mobile embedded platforms
- Optimization using heterogeneous processing (DSP, CPU and GPU)
- Benchmark performance, identify bottlenecks, and implement creative solutions to improve performance
- Works closely with the Chief Software Research Scientist, the R&D and application engineering/commercial teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with preference given to degrees in Electronics / electrical engineering, computer science or both
- 5+ years in commercializing software products on ARM-based platforms and strong knowledge of ARM architecture, ideally in demanding, high-volume markets like consumer electronics
- Experience with DSP programming
- Proven experience and approach to all aspects of software optimization
- Proficient in Linux environment
- Multi-core parallel programming (multi-thread, affinity, thread pools, etc.)
- Experience with Android programming and the Hardware Abstraction Layer
- Bonus points for: Assembly-level development when needed; Experience with SSE / AVX programming; Knowledge of the camera imaging pipeline
We are a rapidly growing team looking for people who share our passion for our technology and its ability to unlock numerous cutting edge applications spanning smartphones, AR/VR, machine vision for robots, collision avoidance and beyond. The market opportunity ahead of us is tremendous and that should excite you too. We are a group of entrepreneurs who believe in hard work and creating disruptive technology while trying not to take ourselves too seriously. It is possible to have fun, enjoy what we are doing AND be wildly successful.
AIRY3D has developed a 3D computer vision platform that consists of a simple Transmissive Diffraction Mask (TDM) that converts any camera sensor into a versatile 3D sensor at a fraction of the manufacturing cost.
Spun out of TandemLaunch (www.tandemlaunch.com), and based in Montreal, AIRY3D recently completed its first round of financing and formalized a partnership with a top-tier camera sensor OEM to build 3D sensors at wafer-scale that will have full commercial performance. In parallel, AIRY3D has been working closely with the top-tier consumer electronics companies in smartphones and VR headsets.