Posted March 16th 2017
- The fastest growing healthcare discovery platform in North America, with over 160,000 healthcare providers;
- Patients love Opencare service and give us net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix;
- Founded by serial entrepreneurs who have built and sold multiple companies;
- Team of “A” players that put culture first. https://www.opencare.com/culture/; and
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8V, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).
Are you comfortable coordinating a corporate retreat, juggling multiple people visiting our office, and onboarding new employees all the while keeping a kitchen stocked with everyone’s favourite snacks? As an Office Manager / Executive Assistant, you will be Opencare’s ‘Officer on Deck’ and will report to the company's Business Operations Manager and CEO. We’re looking for someone to help scale our new office and manage a growing administrative function. You will have an immediate impact on the business simply because, well, we have a lot of things going on and this role is critical to company-wide success.
- You will help make our new office one of the best places to work. We’ve just moved into our new office space and we need help building it out to be the most productive, fun, and welcoming environments to work in;
- You will support executing fun monthly team building events and bi-annual corporate retreats that everyone will remember. This involves research on team building activities and locations for our retreat, and coordinating logistics around each event;
- You will take on back-office support and once-off research and administrative projects;
- You will be the first point of contact for all people visiting our office. You will make sure everyone feels welcomed;
- You will be coordinating meetings between multiple stakeholders and C-suite individuals across multiple timezones;
- You will help with our recruiting efforts- be that sourcing strong candidates for our outbound efforts and coordinating the scheduling of interviews;
- You will support onboarding new team members as we grow, making them feel right at home and that they have all the tools they need to make an impact at Opencare on Day 1;
- You will be responsible for our weekly team lunches and making sure that no one goes hungry;
- You will manage all ordering of office and kitchen supplies;
- You will provide administrative support to both the CEO and the CTO; and
- You will provide support to other teams on an as-needed basis.
- You are an ‘A’ player with at least 2 years of working experience as an Office Manager / Executive Assistant.
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented and incredibly thorough - things don’t slip through the cracks under your watch!
- You have excellent communication skills and are just as comfortable communicating instructions for lunch deliveries as you are scheduling board meeting dates with our investors;
- You are "tech savvy": knowledgeable in using Office, Google Docs, online scheduling tools, ordering items online, etc;
- You have excellent reliability, and you have a genuine interest in helping others;
- You are self-motivated - someone who will aim to achieve the best possible results and look for areas of improvement along the way;
- You are someone who stays objective despite trials and challenges, and works very well under pressure; and
- You are someone who goes above and beyond and loves taking on extra challenges and responsibilities.
Bonus points for:
- You have worked on a small-to-medium sized team; and
- Experience supporting the growth of a tech startup.
At Opencare, you'll have:
- Limitless personal growth - we pay for conferences and training, set you up with mentors in Silicon Valley, organize and host tech and digital health events, and more.
- Equity options - everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare.
- Competitive compensation - we don’t want you to worry about your bills, we’d rather you focus on changing the world.
- Full health benefits - dental, vision, prescription drugs, massage. We'll hook you up with the best health providers.
- Shiny new equipment - get the tools you need to be at the top of your performance.
- Unlimited vacations & sick days - we work really hard, but we also make sure we have time to recharge.
- Healthy snacks and relaxing drinks - snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks to keep you charged throughout the day, as well as some adult beverages to unwind at the end
- Fun team environment - we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (office scooters, Jays & TFC games, team offsites, etc.)
- Great downtown location - we have a spacious, open-concept office right in the heart of King West.
- We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.
- To apply please go here: http://opencare.breezy.hr/p/c7abfab21f82-office-manager--executive-assistant
Opencare is on a mission to transform healthcare. We match you with vetted healthcare professionals so you can get the care you deserve. Our comprehensive vetting process takes a 360 degree look at each provider. We analyze patient reviews from dozens of online sources, background check each provider through their licensing boards, visit their clinic to perform a 100-point inspection, and even hold one-on-one interviews to get a feel for each professional. Opencare does the work of researching hundreds of local providers to match you with the top professionals based on what matters.