Posted August 8th 2017
We are looking for someone who can join our Development Team and hit the ground running. As a member of our Development and Innovation team you will:
• Create beautiful and modern web applications with the latest technologies.
• Work closely with other members of our innovation team to deliver responsive web apps to our clients.
• Extend our existing React apps and help develop new ones.
• Work with React, Angular2 and other modern JS frameworks.
• Interact with our API’s and help design new RESTful services.
• Help design the next generation of web tools for the market research community.
• Work with our backend infrastructure to create new features and enhance existing solutions.
Experience in Full Stack development.
• A good working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain technical ideas to a wide audience.
• The ability to create software systems given a set of technical designs.
• Experience navigating through an existing codebase and making improvements to it.
• An ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
• Experience with implementing, configuring and developing web services.
• Experience with SQL.
• Knowledge of secure coding practices, especially as related to web technologies.
• Experience working with version control software such as Git, TFS, or SVN.
• Experience with setting up and maintaining Azure services.
• Program with the Test-Driven Development approach.
• The ability to learn modern technologies and skills quickly.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for candidates that have:
• A Degree and/or Diploma in Computer Science, or related field.
• At least 2 years overall experience with multiple IT platforms and languages, such as:
• It would be great if you also have:
o Experience working within a version control system, ideally git and/or TFS.
o Experience with setting up and maintaining Azure services.
o Experience in DevOps
• Experience working on multiple projects with conflicting timelines.
• Experience working on small and large scale development projects, including designing and implementing large-scale web and mobile-specific systems, including tier architectures.
• Systems architecture, design and development experience.
• Exposure to complex database concepts.
SOME THINGS TO NOTE.
We will only contact candidates who qualify for an interview. A satisfactory review of your references and a criminal background check are part of our selection process.
Delvinia is an equal opportunity employer and we highly encourage applications from; women, visible minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities, and persons of Aboriginal heritage.
We are Delvinia, located in the heart of Toronto. At Delvinia, we offer a range of innovative data collection solutions to business leaders, marketers and researchers throughout North America, including access to an online research community of more than one million Canadians; and Methodify, our research automation company, provides marketers with the ability to gain customer insights through our one-of-a-kind online platform.
Here at Delvinia, we promote a culture of openness, accountability and teamwork – and consider ourselves a family. We offer personal and professional development opportunities and a close-knit team environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Delvinia is transforming the way organizations collect and use data, enabling them to make better and more informed decisions. Founded in 1998, the innovation company includes a successful portfolio of digital businesses, each with a focus on data collection. Delvinia Custom Solutions uses new and emerging technologies to help clients collect, visualize and enable data; AskingCanadians and AskingAmericans offer a range of data collection services to market researchers throughout North America, including access to an online research community of more than one million Canadians; and Methodify provides the ability to gain customer insights through an innovative online platform in as little as 12 hours. For more information, visit delvinia.com.