Posted September 21st 2017
Sendwithus is looking for a Frontend UI Developer to join our Product Team and help us build powerful products that our customers love. You will work in conjunction with our Product Designer and our Customer Success team to ensure that our customer experience is the best it can be. At the end of the day you care most about how your code impacts customers, and want to work hard to build amazing user experiences.
We believe that user-centric design leads to the best products, so we listen closely to our customers. As the first Frontend UI Developer on our close-knit, cross-functional team, you are directly responsible for UI functionality and style implementation. You'll also understand the impact semantics have on usability and will work with product developers and designers to ensure markup and styling is accessible.
During your first 3 months you will...
- Get ramped up on our tech stack and architecture, working closely with senior members of the product development team.
- Complete your first UI project and deploy code to production systems.
- Work with the Product Manager and Product Designer to implement UI and UX concepts.
- Propose and implement solutions for CSS and HTML architecture and UI style management.
- Actively contribute to product planning sessions.
- Observe customers using the product to learn and address common pitfalls.
After 12 months you will have...
- Lead development of new application UI projects from start to finish.
- Developed technical best practices around UI structure and style.
- Worked closely with the Product Designer to build a re-usable component library.
- Experimented with creative solutions to interesting and challenging UI problems.
- Collected and analyzed customer feedback regarding existing UI.
- HTML, CSS
Sendwithus powers email communication for large online businesses. Our system handles thousands of users and more than 30 Million emails every day, ranging from real-time notifications and invoices to personalized marketing campaigns and product updates. Our customers include Microsoft, Zillow, DonorsChoose, and MeUndies - in fact, we're already one of the top 300 email senders in the world. We were part of Y Combinator's W14 batch with offices in both Victoria and San Francisco, and are backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.