Posted August 23rd 2017
Sendwithus is looking for a Event Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing Team in San Francisco. As the Event Marketing Specialist you will be responsible for building a conference schedule, planning sponsorship, speaking or team attendance, building related marketing materials, and attending conferences. You will be reporting to the Marketing Lead and be responsible for driving marketing qualified leads.
This position holds a lot of opportunity for creative and growth within the position and on the Marketing team. As the Event Specialist, you are out in the community building the Sendwithus brand as well as honing your public speaking skills.
In Your First 3 Months, You Will...
- Work with the Marketing Lead and Content Marketer to learn tone, voice, and style for Sendwithus messaging.
- Become an expert in our app and feature set by working closely with the Customer Success and Product teams.
- Build a conference list and be submit speaking proposals.
- Build and present event marketing materials such as slide decks, booth marketing material, swag, handouts and other marketing assets.
- Reply to inquiries in forums (Github, StackOverflow etc), social media and other online platforms (Quora, Email Geeks Slack etc).
- Actively engage with industry experts and contribute to the email community.
In Your First 12 Months, You Will...
- Attend and speak at multiple conferences around North America to establish relationships with influential developers, bloggers, open source contributors and leads.
- Build out a quarterly roadmap for event calendar for sales and marketing team.
- Handle all event logistics including booking venues, speakers, vendors, manage mailing lists, etc.
- Provide support to sales and marketing teams during events including developing schedules, assignments and checklists.
- Evaluate event success and create reporting process to the Marketing Lead.
- Be responsible for community management to build relationships with industry partners to generate marketing qualified leads (MQLs).
- Participate in 2-3 local meetups, user groups, hackathons and other developer events on a monthly basis in San Francisco.
Sendwithus powers email communication for large online businesses. Our system handles thousands of users and more than 30 Million emails every day, ranging from real-time notifications and invoices to personalized marketing campaigns and product updates. Our customers include Microsoft, Zillow, DonorsChoose, and MeUndies - in fact, we're already one of the top 300 email senders in the world. We were part of Y Combinator's W14 batch, have offices in both Victoria and San Francisco, and are backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.