Posted September 8th 2017
A major portion of our work requires merging tens of millions of records from a multitude of sources daily, and ensuring that data is integrated into our platform.
We are looking for a skilled and energetic junior developer who loves the challenge of working on a fast-paced team. We work with AWS services and open source big data technologies, including but not limited to: CloudFormation, Kinesis, Lambda, Aurora, Docker, Spark, Mesos and Scala.
The person in this role will be expected to:
- develop internal tools to streamline Customer Success processes
- contribute to product features, with a focus on distributed data storage and analysis
- write integration tests and UI tests (for example, in Selenium)
- Industry experience with Python, or a non-trivial personal project.
- Experience in agile software development.
- Comfort working with databases.
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Experience with ETL and data pipelines.
- Experience working on a hosted SaaS product (ideally on AWS).
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (ideally MongoDB).
- Experience with distributed systems (ideally on Hadoop or Spark).
- Familiarity with Scala.
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and Friday team lunches
- Biweekly house cleaning
- Monthly TTC metropass
- Annual budget for professional development
- Adjustable sit/stand desks, 4K monitors, and Apple laptops
- Relaxed, dog-friendly office with casual attire and ping-pong
- Monthly training workshops, guest speakers, and other professional development opportunities
Canopy Labs (http://www.canopylabs.com/) is a Toronto-based predictive customer analytics company, specializing in personalizing e-mail, website, call centre, and other marketing channels for B2C companies. Founded in 2012, Canopy Labs works with major retailers, ticketing companies, and non-profits to optimize nearly $20B in annual revenue. Prominent customers include JetBlue, BMO, Indigo, the Buffalo Bills, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and many more.
Canopy Labs is a Y Combinator-funded company, and also backed by Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures and BDC IT Ventures Fund.