Posted December 1st 2017
As the Director of Finance at Finn, you’ll play a key role in providing leadership and coordination of company financial systems, planning, and budget management. You’ll also work directly on larger strategic projects, providing accurate and meaningful financial information that will influence business decisions for the company and support the Executive Team in achieving rapid and profitable growth.
The successful candidate will be building out the finance function from near scratch - this is a very unique opportunity to make your mark as we scale globally.
- Oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions, including billing, AP/AR, general ledger, payroll, month-end close and financial reporting - P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow;
- Manage all accounting and finance administration, budgeting and operations analysis;
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all financial systems, controls and policies are in compliance with all governmental agencies and tax requirements;
- Manage and prepare monthly and annual financial statements.
- 5+ years of financial management experience
- Experience leading and managing finance team
- CPA, CFA or MBA
- Experience in a fast-growing start-up
- Experience working in a SAAS organization
At Finn, we care about our team's health and happiness. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and vacation time
- Stock options in a fast-growing company
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Feedback based on regular 1:1s and annual touch points
- A collaborative, team-based environment
- Monthly team lunches and birthday celebrations
As a financial technology company, our team is trusted with highly sensitive information. We require successful candidates to undergo security screenings including a criminal record check before coming on board. We focus strictly on offences that are directly relevant to employment at Finn, and abide by all applicable human rights and privacy legislation. Question? Ask us - we're here to help.
Finn is a fast-growing Financial Technology startup located in beautiful Vancouver, BC. We work with banking customers worldwide to deliver products that reduce operational costs and allow banks to engage more deeply with their clients. Our flagship product Finn is an AI-powered banking assistant that banking customers can interact with through chat or voice to manage their personal finances.