Posted July 5th 2017
About the role:
We are looking for a high-potential, analytical problem-solver and ultimate hustler to help build and manage our supplier network. Responsibility will be given to you from day one, and you will be expected to use your initiative and creativity to help us grow our business across Canada. The ideal candidate is a roll-up-your-sleeves operator who thrives in detail, organization, and analysis, obsesses over delivering measurable results, and has a passion for food.
- Be the owner of our weekly procurement operations, ensuring the on-time/in-full delivery of all food (and non-food) items in accordance with the production schedule.
- Identify gaps in our supply chain and seek out, evaluate, and qualify new suppliers.
- Forecast demand requirements, manage inventory, and track consumption of incoming material.
- Build, manage, and maintain supplier relationships. Collect data for supplier performance and resolve quality/performance issues.
- Work with the Procurement and Culinary teams to develop requirements and specifications around ingredients.
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and solve an array of other complex business problems that arise in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent, with up to two years of high-performance work experience in a start-up, strategy, operations, or analytics role.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for food and a strong knowledge of ingredients ? bonus points if you grew up on a farm!
- Data-driven; advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Entrepreneurial and a hustler: you do whatever it takes to get the job done and enjoy being in the trenches.
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and should think beyond the scope of a given assignment.
- Naturally curious: you're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
Why you?ll love this job:
- You?ll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- We?re a startup within a startup. We?re nimble but we have the institutional knowledge and the global resources to make HelloFresh a sure-fire Canadian success. You can get in at the ground level.
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
- You'll have the chance to put your stamp on a crazy-high-growth company and make a difference in the way Canadians eat, from coast to coast.
Overview of company and opportunity:
We are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market (active in 9 markets on 3 continents). This is a truly unique opportunity: you get to build a Canadian startup from the ground up, but with the global knowledge and resources of the largest company to emerge from Europe in the last 5 years. Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive.
We are fast-paced and love the food world! Learn more about us at HelloFresh.ca.