Posted August 21st 2017
In this role, you'll:
- Join the leadership on our brokerage team
- Be responsible for managing and transforming operations
- Set metrics, identifying operational improvements, and drive productivity measures with an innovative approach
- Use data to prioritize Brokerage Technology work, set requirements, help get things out of beta
- Handle new processes and exceptions manually, and keep prioritized backlog of what we can automate
We are looking for people who:
- Want to make a difference. We are a small team effectively reshaping how people look at the industry. We need people who 'get it' and want to play an integral part in helping us accomplish this mission.
- Have extreme precision and attention to detail
- Are an excellent communicator and know how to explain complex concepts and work with a variety of people
- Are comfortable digging through data to find and analyze desired information.
- Have great analytical and prioritization skills. You know how to balance what needs to be done with what?s possible to do. You understand the scope of an issue and its priority.
- Embrace technology and the role it plays in financial services. Specifically, you have the flexibility to navigate multiple applications simultaneously to deliver unprecedented solutions.
- Want a career that makes getting up each morning a joy! This is not an average role, and you'll have the ability to make a ton of impact.
Please include the following in your application:
- A copy of your CV
- Your answer to the following: given free rein, what are one or two improvements you would have made to the processes at a company or organization where you have worked? How would you assess if the change(s) was (were) successful?
We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work place. Candidates who identify as a minority are welcome and encouraged to apply!
- Experience in the consulting or startup worlds, collectively
- Passionate about technology, specifically fintech
- Naturally curious: if something seems off, you want to figure out what?s going on
- Proven record of high performance (e.g. awards, top quartile performance)
- Awesome people skills and a positive attitude. You will be liaising with clients, engineers, finance professionals, and more. You should be able to communicate effectively and comfortably with all stakeholders.
- Experience or familiarity with programming, excel, SQL, etc.
Wealthsimple is Canada's largest and fastest growing online investment manager. We make investing easy and accessible to everybody. We're working on the challenges involved in making investment understandable and easy. We feel strongly about our brand and have twice won a Webby for Best Financial Services website.
We're growing fast. In 2 years, Wealthsimple Financial Corp has gone from $0 under management to over $1 billion. We have significant funding from strategic investors that will allow us to continue building an amazing product that's competitive on a global level.
Brokerage Operations Managers oversee risk and meet compliance requirements intelligently, with analytics, grit, and grace. We manage hundreds of millions of dollars, so the stakes are high. We want to deliver extraordinary experiences that meet our client's on-demand expectations, while being a compliance leader. At Wealthsimple, we are maker-owners, we believe that simple is better, and we do what's right for each client. You can read about our mission and our team to learn more.