Posted May 18th 2017
Back-end Engineer (web developer)
Payment Rails is an exciting new API first, Fintech startup that will have a global impact on global payments. Our mission is to simplify payouts for online marketplaces, app stores, share economy, crowdfunding platforms, and companies with mass payout needs.
As an engineer at Payment Rails, you should love building simple solutions to solve customer problems. Designing systems in an agile environment to withstand growth and owning quality from end to end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Payment Rails is such an exciting place to work!
In addition, you will:
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineers, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers.
Our Tech Stack:
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience building scalable backend APIs using Python, Node.js, or Golang
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and attention to detail
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, ...)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
WHAT WE DO
We are building the world’s most powerful global payout API that allows businesses to send mass payments around the world.
Today, we support online marketplaces, app stores, the share economy, crowdfunding platforms, ad networks and affiliate platforms. And we're really just getting started.
In everything we do, we strive to build the best possible product. We’re looking for creative, passionate and innovative people to help us make global payments better.
HOW WE WORK
At Payment Rails, we simplify global payouts for businesses all over the world. We’re looking for hard-working, passionate people to help us make global payments better.
It’s not all about skill. Teamwork is something we emphasize a lot. We work hard to find people who make others want to be around them. We believe if you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far go together.
We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow in your role. You’ll have the tools and creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of payments.