Posted March 13th 2017
At Later we believe in the power of Images. Images to communicate quickly, Images to connect disparate people, and Images as the best way to convey personal meaning. We also believe software should be so easy to use - you shouldn?t need a manual or a sales demo. We build that software. At Later we are becoming the leading platform for managing visual social-media content.
What are we like to be around? Glad you asked! We are a hard-working, competitive, fun-loving band of miscreants. We have rubber duckies on our desks, KPI?s on our walls and board games and beers tend to be broken out on Fridays.
WHAT WE VALUE:
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that?s even better.
- A natural tendency to take initiative, achieve results and generally #GSD.
- A desire to constantly stay organized and create efficiency using technology, bringing order to chaos and uncertainty.
- Teamwork is your middle name. You want to brainstorm with the best of them and are continually looking for ways to do it better.
- A humbleness to recognize that sometimes you?ll need to apologize and admit mistakes (we?re all human after all!)
- Understand and work well in startup culture - be able and willing to take on all sorts of tasks and responsibilities.
We list our values and beliefs first because they are non-negotiable; if you're still reading then check out some of the responsibilities you will own.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Our team is growing quickly! Later is used by thousands of people and brands every day, what you do will directly impact their experience. We are looking for a talented Intermediate or Senior Android Developer to join our Engineering team and help implement new product features and prototype experiments.
- Develop features and fix bugs for our Android app which is used by thousands of users every day
- Work in our iterative, agile software development process
- Design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented Java code
- Embrace a test-driven development process, and conduct code reviews with other members of the dev team.
- Work with our Product team to help implement user interfaces
- Collaborate and work with our Customer Success team to better understand our users needs and how our product could better meet their needs.
If you think this role might be the next step in your career, we?d love to hear from you. A resume is good, but we want to see your work so please include links to your Github projects and App store releases and be sure to tell us why this role is for you.
Located in Gastown, the startup hub of Vancouver, the Later team enjoys large, airy, open plan offices in a heritage building close to the SeaBus/Skytrain terminal. We don?t want tools to stand in your way, so we offer an allowance to ensure you have exactly what you need for your role. We are pleased to offer all our employees a competitive salary, a chance to participate in the success of the company through equity, medical and dental benefits and a wellness program.