Posted October 25th 2017
Role: 3D GENERALIST
Job Type: Full-Time Contract
Province: Ontario (must be an Ontario resident to apply)
You will work across all aspects of a game’s visual design, UI, art, animation, and more. The ideal candidate has experience modeling, texturing and animating characters and assets in a stylized world. A solid art foundation is essential.
- Create complete art assets; from initial design to in-engine optimization
- Modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animating of characters and environments
- Create high-quality visual effects using shaders and particles
- Use creativity and visual storytelling to solve problems in game design
- Work closely with engineers and designers to work out technical challenges pertaining to the art pipeline
- Help us build the 3D art department: mentor, advise on hires, tools, etc.
- Art degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 Years Prior Experience in a related position
- High level of proficiency using Maya to create and animate fun and stylized characters
- Well-versed in Photoshop and After Effects
- Experience in Unity3D game engine (importing assets, animation editor, shuriken particle system)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other artists and programmers
- Actively participate and offer creative solutions to both art and game design challenges
- Ability to produce concept sketches and quick concept edits
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Strong talent for illustration and drawing
- Knowledge of animation, lighting, and texturing.Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers.
- Possess strong composition, color and design, typography and layout skills
- Online art portfolio (Required) – This can be work-related or personal projects.
If you believe that your are the right candidate for this position, please let us know by applying to the position. Please send a cover letter and resume via email.
Albedo Informatics is a Toronto-based game and application development studio with a focus on location-based gaming, augmented reality, virtual reality, wearables, and emergent digital technologies.
We’re currently building a platform called LARGE - an acronym for Location-based Augmented Reality Gaming Engine - and are developing a number of apps on the platform, including an AR/VR messenger and a RPG called SIGIL. It’s an exciting time to join us at Albedo, we’re growing quickly and are looking for enthusiastic and talented people to join us on our journey.